Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T injectors?

Just wondering if anyone else is crazy enough to play with these engines. I know Z31 injectors work and are bigger but are there any others? Engine managemwnt is virtually non existent other than mega squirt right?

You can basicly use any stand alone ECU system in EA82 engines. Jsut have to make sure it can do both fuel and ignition at the same time. 

Search function helps to find some info about the ijectors. There isn't many options to use but there still is some options available. I just got one of my injector sets out from a cleaning and they measured around 260cc@3bar so I don't know if the euro engine injectors are bigger than the USDM engine ones.

Just use a rising rate adjustable fuel pressure regulator.  Old Subarus run a low fuel pressure (36psi IIRC) where the industry standard for non-direct injection is like 43psi or something.  By raising the fuel pressure your 185cc/min injectors will act more like 250cc or there abouts.

• Like 1

Just use a rising rate adjustable fuel pressure regulator.  Old Subarus run a low fuel pressure (36psi IIRC) where the industry standard for non-direct injection is like 43psi or something.  By raising the fuel pressure your 185cc/min injectors will act more like 250cc or there abouts.

The same trick works on the SPFI injectors as well.

Edited by Crazyeights

I remember looking into this and 83 nissan 280zx turbo injectors are the same, now what flow they are rated at is unknown to me but I'm sure that information is on one of the nissan forums 

Edit: stock 83 turbo 280zx injectors are around 260cc.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BWD0/27536/02521.oap?year=1983&make=Nissan&model=280ZX&vi=1209406&ck=Search_02521_1209406_3158&pt=02521&ppt=C0024

also, 87 to 92 supra turbo injectors are 440cc, but would require some work to fit

Edited by AKghandi

ive heard of people using thunderbird injectors as well.  there are a couple styles and as long as you get the right style the will "fit", though application does change them a bit here and there.  there was a place in Washington (Tacoma I think) that will rebuild your injectors and rerate them to whatever you want them to be.  used to cost about $30 per injector plus shipping, but that was years ago.  might be worth some google time.

ive heard of people using thunderbird injectors as well.  there are a couple styles and as long as you get the right style the will "fit", though application does change them a bit here and there.  there was a place in Washington (Tacoma I think) that will rebuild your injectors and rerate them to whatever you want them to be.  used to cost about $30 per injector plus shipping, but that was years ago.  might be worth some google time.

Might that place be Witchhunter?

I think your speaking of "Dr Injector."  Great shop, I buy all my injectors through them.  Very knowledgeable and helpful about anything fuel injector related.