Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First time Subaru owner! 2007 Legacy 2.5i

I have always wanted a Subaru, and now I have one! I'm 21 years old, and this is only my second car. My first one was a junk 1991 oldsmobile. I'm so excited, and can't wait for the winter. Tips? Suggestions? What should I customize first? I can't wait to get started.

Make sure you don't have crap tires. 2 reasons; Subaru's AWD system is very sensitive (that's why it's among the best) and does not like mismatched brand or even wear level of tires. And, tires are critical to a car's performance and safety. Get the best tires you can afford, not the cheapest that will fit.

The 'best' tire for my use, won't be the best for you so, maybe someone else from PA or similar area will have some ideas.

Lighter weight rims can free-up a coupla horsepower AND let you personalize the look of your car. win-win (but not cheap.) Generally, don't carry a lot of gear in the car if possible. 11lbs xtra weight sucks up approx. 1hp. 

Keep up with fluid changes. How many miles on the car? Needs a timing belt at 105K miles. When were the plugs done?  Don't run cheap brake pads or cheap belts and hoses.

If your car uses 9005 or 9006 light bulbs check here; http://store.candlepower.com/mohirbuba.html

Just depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. Do a search or ask here about any specific issue or system on the car.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan