Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Exedy makes Subaru's clutches, however after doing a little homework when researching clutches for my 6spd swap I discovered that the stock STi 6spd clutch has dual springs on it vs. the Exedy aftermarket only having one single larger spring.

This thread on NASIOC has some pictures and more info.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2092146

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents...

I replaced my stock EXEDY clutch with a ACT HD/Perf Street Sprung clutch & pressure plate. I also replaced my flywheel with a ACT XACT Flywheel Streetlite. (see profile pic  :D ) During my last timing belt replace and engine yank (267,000), I figured to change my clutch and pressure plate with the engine out even though I wasn't having any clutch problems. I replaced it with a stock SACHS clutch... BOY WHAT A MISTAKE. I HATE the soft clutch feel. I can't wait to replace this clutch with a another ACT HD/Perf clutch at 357,000  :P

EXEDY/SACHS = softer pedal, some clutch slip especially when high revs - good if you do not DRIVE your subaru

ACT HD/Perf Street = hard pedal, no slip, fast transfer of power even with high revs - recommended (my opinion)