Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new here, looking for some help. i have a 1991 subaru legacy sport. was replacing plugs in it and the front most passenger side spark plug hole was half full with oil. the car has been having a hesitation around 2500 rpm. i have seen the threads about the plug tube seals going out on the 2.5 motors but these don't appear to have the same set up and have not been able to find any seals at any parts stores or fiches. any help would be appriciated!

There shoild be little drain holes casted into the heads. Lookout for dirt and leaves that my clog it up. Be careful not to get any funk down the threaded hole.

Loosen up debris with a pik or screwdriver and blast it away with compressed air.

i am picking up some valve cover gaskets tonight, they definetly need done. when i originally looked at it, it seemed as though the plug tubes were higher than the valve cover gasket area and wouldn't drain into them if they were leaking. i just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else major that someone else had run into with this. thanks for the advice!

There shoild be little drain holes casted into the heads. Lookout for dirt and leaves that my clog it up. Be careful not to get any funk down the threaded hole.

Loosen up debris with a pik or screwdriver and blast it away with compressed air.

No drain holes in the EJ engines.  That's EA you are thinking of.

Tripletech, I would guess that the PS pump or the Oil Pressure switch leaking is why the #1 plug hole is full of oil.

No drain holes in the EJ engines. That's EA you are thinking of.

Tripletech, I would guess that the PS pump or the Oil Pressure switch leaking is why the #1 plug hole is full of oil.

Agreed. Either of these can leak oil near the number one spark plug hole and fill it with oil.