Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Different seats for 86 Brat

I put seats out of a 03 or 04 Impreza RS in my Brat. Should be the same! Best of memory is inside bolt actually lines up in the front, outside bolt is off by 1" approximately. You can add a piece of flat steel by either welding of bolting to the seat foot and then drill to bolt into the original mounting hole. On the back same thing on the outside mount, the inside back mount I used a small piece of angle (1x1 maybe) and bolted down to floor and drilled through for bolt to seat! Hope that helps you out. I also had to cut the back inside arm off on the back of the seats to fit. None of this was a really big deal if you have a sawzall w/ metal blade and drill with bits, a couple of pieces of flat and angle metal.  Guess in a more condensed version yes they will bolt in with minor fabbing!!! 

If they were in Eastern NC I would be heading out to get them. The RS seats have been in my Brat for about 8 years. They were only one year old when I installed them and looked like brand new. I will say this much I don't know why anyone would replace them for another set. They are supper comfortable! The set I got had been taken out to install racing seats with the 5 point harness, removed when car was bought new! Go for it, you will be shocked what a super nice seat like that will do for you!!

So are the RS seats the same or similar to the STI seats?

I kind of wanted to sit in one before I made the 4+ hour trip to get them.

Anyone know how much of a difference there is between the new ones and the 07s?

Edited by Dinky26

I put seats out of a 03 or 04 Impreza RS in my Brat. Should be the same! Best of memory is inside bolt actually lines up in the front, outside bolt is off by 1" approximately. You can add a piece of flat steel by either welding of bolting to the seat foot and then drill to bolt into the original mounting hole. On the back same thing on the outside mount, the inside back mount I used a small piece of angle (1x1 maybe) and bolted down to floor and drilled through for bolt to seat! Hope that helps you out. I also had to cut the back inside arm off on the back of the seats to fit. None of this was a really big deal if you have a sawzall w/ metal blade and drill with bits, a couple of pieces of flat and angle metal.  Guess in a more condensed version yes they will bolt in with minor fabbing!!! 

Never mind didn't remember you'd posted this earlier, life has been nuts for me the past 5 days.