Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone tried the Falken tires on your Subaru?

I have a 2005 llbean outback wagon and a 2005 outback llbean sedan both 6 cylinders.

Would appreciate any feedback and tire size, wear, conditions etc.  I live in piedmont NC and travel to Boone on occasion; therefore do not see much snow.

Thanks

Monk in NC

Depends on what you're looking for out of your tires. Do you want high mileage or high traction?

Michelin makes great high mileage tires, but generally at the expense of traction. A 90k mile rated tire is a harder wearing compound which won't grip the road as well as a soft compound rated for 40 or 50k miles.

If you have an aggressive driving style and need the grip, Falkens are a cheaper alternative to a comparable Michelin performance tire. They may not grip quite as well, or last quite as long as a Michelin, but you might be able to buy two sets of Falkens for the cost of one set of Michelins.

A good place to research tires is Tirerack.com, though I'm not sure if they carry Falken brand.