Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Question about mid 90's bumpers, hatch, etc.

This 95' Legacy wagon I bought has rust on the lower fenders near mudflaps, lower doors, and the hatch panel near the license plate is shot (the rear hatch is a priority). I hate rust, even on winter cars. What are my options for body part swaps? I know the Outback wagon is basically the same, and take it the bumpers and hood are interchangeable with Impreza too? Anything else? 

Edited by Bushwick

you can interchange with outback 95-99 impreza is different.  The front fenders rust because dirt accumulates there from the cowl. IF you can get the mud flaps off and unbilt the bottom of the fender, wash it out. Even take off the fender and treat it.

If you make it to milwaukee, i have 3 doors, 2 fenders and a tailgate if you can come get them.

on a side note, i have the hollow shell of the car, so if you want me to cut out some body sections for you , let me know.

you can interchange with outback 95-99 impreza is different.  The front fenders rust because dirt accumulates there from the cowl. IF you can get the mud flaps off and unbilt the bottom of the fender, wash it out. Even take off the fender and treat it.

If you make it to milwaukee, i have 3 doors, 2 fenders and a tailgate if you can come get them.

on a side note, i have the hollow shell of the car, so if you want me to cut out some body sections for you , let me know.

Thank you very much for the offer Miles. It'd be a good trek to drive up there. If I was closer I'd definitely give it a go.