Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brat seats/headroom vs topper... & axles

My brat has the low topper. I'd like to add seats to the bed eventually and the low topper leaves no headroom for anyone to use the seats. Does the high topper have enough headroom for passengers in the rear brat seats? I'd make the switch if it allowed headroom but otherwise it wouldn't matter to me. thanks!

edit: figured i'd throw this one in: EA81 axles are not as long as EA82 axles, correct? what's the length difference? I'm thinking about my RX transmission ending up in my brat, and i could see an eEA82 spindle swap if the spindle fits in an EA81? or DIY custom axles if the halfshafts will interchange between EA81/EA82?

EA82 axles are longer by a good couple inches. They are also pretty wimpy looking. I have compared them side by side at the JY.... didn't look into joint swapability, but I've heard on here before that it doesn't work. The joints look to be smaller in diameter, so probably a problem with the spline counts on the shaft itself.

GD

I have a High topper on mine and the rear seat are fully functional people sit back there all the time my topper rises up from the start

the ones that someone refered to about going afoot be for rising i have not seen that type in years

Hassey

• 2 months later...