Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2001 Legacy front wheel knuckle and hub swap

I've had to replace my front wheel bearing twice in the past 6 months.  I now think the problem is  a worn hub that is causing the bearing to fail (front wheel, passenger side) on a 2001 Legacy.  I can't afford a new bearing and hub right now but a local scrap yard has a 2000 Outback that they will sell me the complete knuckle with bearing and hub for $25.  Does anyone know if the knuckle from a 2000 Outback will fit on a 2001 Legacy.  The reason I ask is that the brake caliper on the Outback is a dual piston where as the Legacy has a single piston.  (I just want to be sure that the brake caliper from my Legacy will bolt onto the knucke from the Outback)

Thanks

yes, interchangeable, just bolt all your existing hardware to it. 

if you can ask them to leave the ABS sensor installed that would be nice since that bolt often rusts and shears off.  they're worthless anyway and there's no market for them so they shouldn't care or charge any more.

:unsure: Rack and Pinion, Ball joints, Tie rods, Subaru looked at it and said they would replace the control arms free if I would pay $1,200.00 for the other crap parts they won't cover. What is the logic in covering one suspension item that secumbs to corrosion yet none of the other equally vital suspension componets? Isn't that sending a clear message to the customer or consumer? If the body is made corrosion resistant and even the body points are not corroding at the point where the suspension componets mount then WHY ARE THE SUSPENSION COMPONETS NOT CORROSION RESISTANT? WHY ARE THE CONTROL ARMS COVERED BY A RECALL BUT NONE OF THE OTHER SUSPENSION COMPONETS COVERED THAT ARE MADE OF THE SAME METAL ALLOY AND FINISH? SUBARU did not automatically issue a recall. They were litigated into that position. If SUBARU was interested in selling you another vehicle in the future they would bend over backwards to repair any corroded suspension componet free and they would not have sold this inferior product in the first place. THEY SIMPLY CUT COSTS TO GET A SMALL PERCENTAGE MORE PROFIT AT THE CUSTOMER,S EXPENSE.  I WHOLE HEARTEDLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS: NEW or USED. Join the SUCKER CLUB, I am the president.  Vasoline Required for membership.