Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Definition of a nightmare. SPFI ea81

Need a new Throttle position sensor as listed in a previous thread. For a loyale 1985-1994. For my ea81 SPFI conversion

Do the web surfing thing to find several listed from suppliers. However each time I go into the site it is stated "out of stock". Obviously they have had stock in the past and now no longer available.

Finally I found a supplier (Pacific Auto Parts) that states it is in stock.  Send money via Paypal from Oz.

Get several emails from them trying to sell other items.  Then an email form them stating it has been shipped. Then an email stating refund sent as it is "out of stock".

This is the new computer age era that manages to tear ones hair out. In my view it is unacceptable, poor service.

So if anyone can go out of their way to let me know of a generic brand of TPS that will fit let me know please at eaglefree@bigpond.com I would appreciate it.

I am cautious of using a generic brand TPS like a holley because my idle sensor housing is turned the other way and likely the new TPS is longer than the original and will not fit.

Regards Tony

Edited by tweety

hi,

i feel for the pain, i can relate to how much the wonders of modern technology are at work to make our lives better and more efficient,, what a load !!

anyway , i don't have one but i did look it up , subaru part# 22632aa000  and 267- 273 us dollars depending on which place, but available on their websites, right ?

i know there must be someone here has one they can let go of so don't give up.  have heard the contacts can be cleaned ,and the specs and setting specifications are available on the board in the service manuals that are posted.  might give it a try while you wait for something to turn up.