Ultimate Subaru Message Board

it all started when I was on the interstate going to see my cousin.everything was fine then I got up around 80 miles an hour and noticed the cel flashing. I immediately pulled over pop the hood and everything seems to be in order. cut the car also let it sit for a minute and then drove it again. everything was fine until I got up above 75 miles an hour and the CEL started flashing again. I just got to my cousins house and figured I'd post in hopes that someone I could help. I've already contacted a friend of mine mechanicto see if he has a scan tool to pull codes on motor. The car runs fine but when I get up around highway speeds (75-80mph) the cel flashes a few times then stays on. The cel has been on since I bought the car. Can someone with a little bit more knowledge shed some light on my situation.

Flasshing CEL means the ECU is detecting conditions that could damage the Catalytic converter.

This could be as simple as misfiring plugs/wires.......or it could mean you've got a valve burning, or a Lean condition from MAF/MAP issues or low fuel pressure.

But flashing means stop driving.  Cool off Engine, drive "lighty".......like not 75~80