Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can PCV be replaced in cold weather

Hair dryier isnt a heat soak, its a spot heat and you can burn yourself or melt the rubber easily. STarting it may be best, but better wold be drive it and let it cool down then attack it.

I don't know any standard hair dryer that will burn a person.  If hair dryers got that hot every woman with long hair would be in trouble!

If you are talking about one of those heat guns that looks similar to a hair dryer, that is a different story- those will do some damage (to your head an the hose).

I've done some excellent work with a hair dryer and frozen washer fluid lines.  The only thing melting was the water in the washer fluid.

I snapped two of these PCV hoses One at around 30F and the other around 49F thinking it would be warm enough.. NOPE.. so I sit hear waiting for the dealer to call me letting me know when it arrived.

at least that I have the IM off I replaced the last three rubber vac lines under the manifold near the FPR.

There was so much crud in the nipple fitting and PCV. Also I got a Fram PCV and the nipple is to big for the hose. Is this a dealer only part?

OK so went to another autoparts store and only Napa had the correct PCV for my '03 but wanted $13 it was a Eshich brand??  All others has the style that screws into the intake up untill 2005 Model year??  Why are the style that screw into the block so much more expensive than the ones that screw into the intake.