Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thanks but just bought parts this afternoon. Stealership wanted $150 for bearing and $200 for hub. I passed. Don't plan on holding onto this car longer than a year. getting to much to do and need reliable travel vehicle. keeping an eye on nice used outbacks or tribeca with h6

thanks but just bought parts this afternoon. Stealership wanted $150 for bearing and $200 for hub. I passed. Don't plan on holding onto this car longer than a year. getting to much to do and need reliable travel vehicle. keeping an eye on nice used outbacks or tribeca with h6

Wow, my parts were not nearly that much from the dealer. I wouldn't pay that much either!

thanks fellas.  Subaru parts are hard to come by around here at auto salvages. I got timken bearing and other parts to go with it. having heck of time with tie rod end out of knuckle now. local grage will press all together for $40-50.  I've been saying one more year for the past 4 years at least now. LOL

What Miles said. Soaking the seat area in a good pentrating oil should help as well

as a last resort, thread the castle nut back on the stud until the top of the nut is flush with the top of the stud and whack with a hammer to unseat....if you are changing the tie-rod end, it isnt a big deal, but if you plan to re-use only do this if all else fails to avoid damaging the threads.