Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello everybody ,

I am planning to trade my 05 Forester for a 04 Impreza WRX and wanted to know if its a good deal

05 Forester specs:

New motor with 70,000 miles

The body has 211,000

paint is good and interior is perfect

tires are brand new

has a/c

kenwood stereo

brand new Ujoints

shifts good

It has one bad O2 sensor

everything stock

04 Impreza wrx specs:

171,xxx miles on the car

turbo

manual 5 speed, don't know if transmission is good

good paint

XTP stage 2,

down pipe

exhaust

coilovers

blacked wrapped in matte white vinyl

No good tires

Any suggestion whether I should make the trade or not

naldo,

If you're going backwards year wise, from a car whose issues you already know, to a car that has had questionable care, and one that has to have been cowboyed many times, and has to run on premium fuel, and has a lot of miles on it, you are heading into what could be a financial disaster for you insurance wise (did you check it out?), license wise (you may not have it for very long), and maintenance wise (price out a turbo and the cost to install it, not to mention a set of tires for those rims).

Obviously you aren't rich, or you'd be buying a new WRX, and if you're looking at a 2005, an already 9 year old car, you have to be somewhat careful with your money. If that is the case, you don't want the WRX.

As much as I would like to tell you to trade, you would be far better to stay with your Forester. Sorry, but you did ask for opinions.

Thanks guys I appreciated your opinion  I just wasn't sure if it was a good idea, because a lot of people that I have ask they don't own Subaru and tell me to trade it because you know is a WRX , but if what you guys are telling me is true, then I will think it twice before doing, the trade . I appreciate the opinions  

naldo,

A lot of years ago I was where you're at now, and I too wanted the performance sports car that would suck the doorknobs off everything on the street. But the reality of "champagne on a beer budget" hit me between the eyes and I backed away from going there.

Many years later I now found myself with the resources to own and enjoy having the toys, with none of the down side of years earlier. Wait until you can better justify the ownership, and then spring for a new one, or one that has been a summer toy for a mature driver, that has low mileage, all of the service records, and just screams of pride of ownership. They're out there. You may have to search a while to find one, but it'll so much more rewarding when you do. Good Luck!

ok guys so I found more information on the car here is the list :

Drivetrain is stock

suspension BC coilovers

perrin rear sway bar

legacy gt rear brake conversion

upgraded bushings

CNT downpipe, greddy exhaust,

koyo alum radiator

tune OTS XTP stage 2 flash

timing belt done 113,000 mile ago

2 owner

doesn't know if water pump and head gasket has been change he told me he has not changed it himself so its unkown since he bought it about 113000 miles ago

are the opinions still the same after this added information ??

Yes, Stay with the Forester!

Just look in the engine compartment, the NA are much easier to work on and a lot less heat under the hood to cook all of the hoses and other things.

The reliability of the Forester is much better than the WRX!