Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So this past week I got a rod knock and my engine seized. If i'm not mistaken I have the EJ253. I'm having a hard time finding a re manufactured one. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a decent one? I'm not experienced enough rebuild it myself but I think I can handle the swap. I just have to track one down, and come up with the cash. The EJ253's are a bit hard to find so far. I have heard that I can use really any EJ engine. How true is that? If I'm going to spend the money is it possible to drop an engine in from an LGT?

I'm so lost. I bought this thing only 8 months ago, and still owe quit a bit on the loan. I might try to loan the money i need to fix it from the bank but idk if they will do that for me. 

that stinks.  i'd just get a used one, remanned isn't really buying you anything.  either way you should get 100,000 miles with proper maintenance and choices.

i'd put the money into a proper timing kit, reseal, head job on my watch done with the right parts and procedures (which we can help you with) rather than a reman.

Check out    JDMTigerJapaneseEngines    in a Google search. A phone call may get you what you need, as their website may not be 100% up to date.  Forget the turbo ideas, or you'll be right back where you are now, unless you have the money to play in those circles, which is not the vibes you're giving us.  Good Luck!