Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1997 legacy gt wagon

while sitting in my driveway checking for coolant leaks after a radiator swap, i start seeing tranny fluid start to drip, then run, then gush and spray ( about 20 seconds total while i look for source) then i see the rubber line back towards tranny has split.....

my question is, i lost 1-2 quarts i guess. should i drop the rest of the fluid out and change filter since it is needing refilled. or am i better to leave what is left inside and just refill....anything else i should do while its down for this issue/ thanks in advance......

I have a concern that the new rad may be leaking into the trans cooling coil.

Or that coil is blocked?

is that possible? which has more pressure at idle, the cooling system or the trans pump?

just bad luck I guess since you only saw ATF but, check the radiator anyway.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

the fluid is absolutley clean...but i will pop radiator cap and check it also. i put a 4 inch lift on the car within last 50 miles, so i assume when i dropped notor/tranny i stretched the line that split... it is along driver fender near firewall....where rubber line connects to hard line.