Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Australian side corner lights EA82

DSC06008_zps795c1c5c.jpg

are these front indicator/parl lights specific to the Australian market or just non US market?

I thought I read in here somewhere of a member scoring a pair of these with the raised orange bit

ah, clearance lamps you call them ? They have two circuits in ours, a park light and an indicator. Do the US ones have two circuits and just one colour, one very busy circuit ? I have two sets spare :)

The US market markers only have two bulbs that are both lit when the lights switch is any position other than off, no turn signal. Which is stupid, as your front signals cannot be seen by anyone to the sides.  And, how much do you want for one of those sets? :D

Edited by SmashedGlass

no side mounted turn indicators ?? Gees, my email has gone off, might have to thin things out a bit. Was thinking A$50 pair plus postage, better check the exchange rate.....I'll find some decent packaging, weigh up and get an idea.Thankfully the $9 anti terrorism fee has been dropped !

Been in

http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-parcel.html?searchCriteria.countryCode=US

just under A$36 to send the somewhere between 750 - 1000g, with two options of pack and track which has tracking but no signature on delivery or the one below it, same price has signature on delivery, but no tracking !!

Edited by jono

We have them here in Europe too. 85-86 models had solid orange glass in the turn signal part of the lamp, and later models had the ones pictured above were only the raised part of the glass is orange.

Pre 87 models:

post-32803-0-33472000-1399709076_thumb.jpg

The "raised" amber part for the indicator is different heights for different markets.

Aus ones are the tallest, I have a set of JDM ones which ave a smaller hump

US spec are flat.

The globes lighting up at once are caused by the US wiring which specifies that the front indicators are on with the headlights.

Seems really stupid idea to me, but a good way to tell when lazy movie directors use US spec cars when the setting is supposed to be somewhere else (check out the tunnel drifting scene in Fast & Furious 3 :P )

I've got a set of Aus spec I'd like to swap for US spec ones (87- )...

Yes I think they would also flash and are always on with the lights. Those in the US would know more than me but I doubt the indicators in the bumper would operate that way.

Edited by Leeroy

We have them here in Europe too. 85-86 models had solid orange glass in the turn signal part of the lamp, and later models had the ones pictured above were only the raised part of the glass is orange.

Exactly the Same for the LADM (Latin American Domestic Market)

We have them here, in Honduras, also I've seen them in Photos online of Subarus from Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Costa Rica, ... etc.

Kind Regards.

In the US market 3d gen Subarus, the bumper lights are only for turn signaling and not lit up at any other time.

That makes more sense. There's already forward facing park lights on the car, why have another set.

I can understand on older cars that didn't have this.

I learnt to drive in a 73 Crysler Valiant, and it's front (white) parkers were also the front indicators, and the rear (yellow) indicators were the reversing lights

Padawan, what is the small thing on your bumper in front of the headlight? Is it a headlight washer?

Yes :) They are factory installed, and I think every subie here came with them. Theyre pretty powerful too, sprays a little bit on my windshield as well  

Yes :) They are factory installed, and I think every subie here came with them. Theyre pretty powerful too, sprays a little bit on my windshield as well

You guys get the cool stuff!! Wonder if it was offered in the states. Gives an idea... Maybe I'll try to make my own. Where is the pump located in the engine compartment? * edit: does it use the same pump as the windsheild?? * Edited by superpoo93

My 86 XT had similar headlight squirters with 3/8" supply hoses from the windshield washer bottle. The bumper was not original for the car, so car did not get the double pump washer bottle.

Those also were available in the LADM ;)

Nope on the Wagons nor Sedans, but Yes on some of the XT6, as far as I Know.

Kind Regards.

Offered on JDM models (some of the bumpers turn up here occasionally), and more likely northern European also.

You also need a different washer bottle (it holds like 5L or something ;o) which has an extra postion with a really large pump (compared to the windscreen washer version), then flexible lines from that to the bumper with a T joint. I have a bumper at home I'm going to fit. You also need the switch & wiring. Factory, there's a timer so it only operates for a limited time when you press the button, but I'm simply go to have it run for however long I've got the button pressed. 

Got a bumper at home I'm fitting I can try to get a pic to show where the line run.

Sorry for the hijack, Jono...