Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stock 2-Core Radiator (?)

I'm pretty sure SPFI loyales had single row.  The GL that became the Loyale also.  The turbo ones had dual row.   Maybe the 4WD wagons, but it's been too long, I don't remeber now.   I always got the turbo radiators and put them in my SPFI cars.  

2 hours ago, DaveT said:

The turbo ones had dual row.   Maybe the 4WD wagons

Yeah I wasn’t sure about the turbo models, that’s good to know. Got a part number to share? 

The 4wd wagons came with single row radiator. 

Cheers 

Bennie

I might be able to find an old aftermarket part number on one of them - but they went NLA YEARS ago.   Not sure what good that will do though.  I've been trying to find radiator parts / re-builder suppliers that  I can order parts from.  I have a couple that need new cores.

I’ve got a Nissan Pulsar N13 radiator in my L series. Some mods needed, upper rad support panel needs to be rolled up a little and some rad rail mods done. 

Very successful conversion for my setup. Dual core copper with plastic end tanks. Goes well with the EJ22 and a decent air dam behind the radiator to create a low pressure zone behind the rad. Keeps the ‘22 nicely cool even off-road. 

Cheers 

Bennie

On 5/27/2020 at 10:03 AM, el_freddo said:

Get an aftermarket gauge that actually indicates a temperature figure, then you’ll see it move up and down. Factory temp gauges are built to stay steady within certain parameters to keep the consumer happy. Once that needle heads north it’s already too late!! 

The NA Loyales came out with a single core radiator. I’m not sure of what models came with dual core. Even here in Oz they all had single core for NA from factory. 

If your AC gets warm at the lights it needs a service - or the fans looked at to ensure proper air flow when stationary. 

Cheers 

Bennie

I have a aftermarket combo gauge, and my car does a hell of a job staying at the same temp. Maybe +/- 10F whille driving. Only issue mine has it at stop lights the electric fan termo switch is sticky, it will not come on, or stay on to long.