Ultimate Subaru Message Board

KYB strut selection for 99 OBW

My 99 OBW, needs new rear struts and bump stops. I shopped Parts Geek, Rock Auto, Advance, and others. All sell KYB struts, with selection for the Legacy model. I am not sure if KYBs sized for a Legacy will fit an Outback.?? That is what they want to sell me.  Is there a difference?? Also, several different part number KYB model struts are available for sale for a Legacy. I am confused which one to order???? Guess, I could chat with the "help" desk at the parts houses for advise, but trust you guys for better advise.

Does anyone know for sure which KYBs part number fits my Outback?? Also, which bump stop kit is best to order?? Also read that the KYB bump stop sits above the corrugated plastic strut rod protector, where OEM bump stop sits on the bottom under the protector. Does this make any difference??

Thanks for any help.............Rooster2............Larry

You can look them up in KYBs online catalog. They only list the Legacy model but have footnotes on the parts listings pertaining to specific sub-model/ trim levels.

Fairtax,

Good call on going to KYBs online catalog. Why didn't I think of that.

Regards,

Larry (Rooster2)