Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The partsgeek fuel tank filler neck for $73 is the one that suppose
to fit my 99 OBW with the 2.5 motor. However, my filler neck does not
have the vent tube as shown on the website, that I am aware of.  Well, maybe my filler neck
does use the vent tube, and the last time I removed it to patch it, I
may have disconnected the vent tube from the neck, and left it attached to the car. I just can't
remember. It is hard to see in the picture if the vent tube disconnects,
or is constructed as part of the filler neck. Anyone know??

Parts Geek also lists # 397-07141638 and # 397-06014486 that look maybe
like mine, with no vent tube, but say they are designed for the 2.2
motor. My 99 has the 2.5 motor. Any advise on how to proceed?   Thanks!!

Guess, I am going to have to pull the road wheel off to get a better look at exactly what I have.  Don't want to order the wrong part.

Does the 2.5 motor have a specific filler neck??  Does the 2.2 motor have a specific filler neck??

Any thoughts??

the $73 one looks a lot like the one I just changed out on my 95 Lego

You should be able to see the upper part where the vent attaches without pulling the tire off - if you still have the plastic cover over everything, just pull it back a bit to get a look at the vent tube.

on the 95, the vent tube is about 3/4" wide or so, and about 8" long, give or take, in an upside down J shape- then a section of rubber hose about 8" long that attaches to another tube that goes to the tank.

The other 2 they had listed look like they have more and much smaller sized vent tubes on them.

dont think it is so much "motor" specific as it is "year" specific - as in emissions control stuff.

whichever parts site you are using will probable have a filler neck for "federal" emissions and one for "california" emissions. under the hood should be an information sticker** with engine size and designation, a vacuum diagram, and emissions control info. it will say if your car meets federal standards, or the stricter california standards. this will tell you which filler neck to buy. 

**if your hood has been replaced for any reason, that sticker may be from another car and could be inaccurate, or it might not be there at all.