Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My other favorite car

So I love subarus, but I also love Fieros.

If you dont know what they are google it.

this is my Fiero, I bought it on a whim a few months ago

YrlouV.jpg

It is a 1986 Pontiac Fiero with a v6 and an automatic. I bought it from the orignal owner with 106k.

it has a 2.8l v6 that has been bored .60 over with high comp pistons, a larger camshaft, a balanced rotating assembly, and a full porting.

I have been drooling over this car for a long time as it has been sitting down the street from my house for about 10 years.

When I finally got the cash to offer to buy it the guy said yes and it was mine!

now heres where things get fun.

about a month ago I bough another 1986 fiero, which is also T-top, as rare as that is. the reason I bough the other one is someone went through alot of effort to swap in a 3800SC motor from a 99 grand prix GTP it is also mated to the fiero 5spd.'

uj2f.jpg

the swap is mostly complete aside from a few things, so in about a month when I get some spending money I plan on finishing the swap and putting the whole drivetrain into my car.

should be around 200hp to the wheels after I do a few small upgrades. with the potential for a whole lot more > :)

Edited by AKghandi

It should be a lot of fun, other people who have done this swap have gotten low 13's on a stock 3800sc. I'm not going to go too crazy with it till i can find a 4t65-hd trans that came mated to this engine originally, the 282 getrag 5 spd that I will be using for now wont hold up to the power this engine is capable of.

I have always loved fieros, and when I was 17 I owned one, and dreamed of doing this swap. now that I am 21 and I have the means and the knowledge I will finally have it. 

other plans for the car include sleeper-ing it which means ditching all the sporty body peices.

the only part I dont have is the side skirts, as my car has aftermarket ones.

This is what I want it to look like, except black

85fieroL36b.jpg

Edited by AKghandi