Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheres the horn?

djellum

If you end up needing to replace the horn, wire up a pair of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HELLA-SUPERTONE-PANTHER-HORN-KIT-CHEVROLET-CHEVY-COLORADO-SILVERADO-ALL-YEAR-/301304220824?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4627218c98&vxp=mtr I got mine in 3 days.

The installation is a breeze and they are super loud. I installed them on my Forester and it took less than an hour, including taking off the grill and DS headlight to get the stock horn wiring. The yellow looks awful, IMO. It was easy enough to take the little grilles off and paint them black. If you aren't putting them somewhere visible, I guess it doesn't matter.

The little "meep meep" horns on these subarus don't adequately get the attention of bad drivers, in my experience. Plus, these are great for scaring the sh@t out of my wife when she walks around the front of my car.

yah, i imagine ill end up with some loud aftermarkets, unless its just a loose wire or something.  I may even just wire it direct to a switch.  I never use my horn, but work is getting testy about mine not working.  don't want it to be too ghetto, but I just need it to make some noise when they ask me to test it.