Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Subarus Wanted for TV Show!

Do you or someone you know have a car you’ve been meaning to fix up but just never got around
to? Something that’s buried in your backyard collecting dust? A car that you’ve had since childhood and just can’t part with?

We're looking for people in GA, NC, SC, AL, or TN with unique cars and interesting stories for a new TV show where we put in the work to get these cars back on the road. We'll hear your story, then take your car and fix it up for you for a fraction of what it would usually cost.

If you think you and your car fit the bill, send us a brief background story of your car
and situation.

please contact us at:
carrestorationcasting@gmail.com

I'm not in any of those states, but if you are looking to expand your search I'd gladly volunteer my car.  She's begging for a restore, perfect candidate for it I think (low miles, relatively rust free, and doesn't need much to bring her back to her former glory)

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/148857-fsft-88-dl-3-door-coupe-95xxx-miles-750-obo-kearney-ne/

The Ski Team Wagon would be PERFECT for this. It has the history, looks, and quirkiness to pique curiousity. Plus, it is solid enough to restore and rare enough to be worth it.

Looks like I need to move to GA, NC, SC, AL, or TN!

1983 GL wagon previously owned and operated by the US Ski Team. It has had the interior restored and much of the rust removed. It desperately needs to have the the body worked on, new paint sprayed, and new decals put on. Some exhaust work, a transmission swap, and a little carb tuning could go a long way, too.

This poor car has been kicked around the subaru community for several years with no one able to make the final push to get it finished. I drove halfway across the country and picked it up a few weeks ago with the intention of restoring it. I saw it for sale and I couldn't bear to see it sold to some craigslister who would beat it up. It will be a SLOW process, as I am a young dad with too many bills and too few days in the week, but I plan to get it done a little bit at a time, probably over the next few years.

aLO1DNv.jpg?2

• Like 2