Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tribecca EZ in a Legacy Wagon = 11's

I follow these guys on youtube and they just did a full on swap from a Tribecca with the NA engine, and stuck a GTX2876 on it in hopes of running 11's in a mid/late 90's Legacy Wagon. I got a real kick out of the fact they went with the Wagon as opposed to a WRX build, and figured many here would enjoy this as well. It's extremely informative and covers plenty of mods and tech talk, so figured it was worth sharing here. It's broken up into a series as they filmed a bit at a time. The "1st Drive" video is on their sister account, so be sure to subscribe to both if you like it. They also have a ton of other videos.

Part 1  

Part 2  

Edited by Bushwick

I've been a subscriber of MCM for ages and I'm following the Gramps build very closely... they're basically building my dream sleeper.

I reckon with the bigger engine but somewhat stripped car they're right around 3100lbs with that car and making pretty respectable power to the wheels. I don't know squat about drag racing but I bet it will put in a pretty damned good time even if they can't make 11's with it.

Yeah, I think the video where they did the dyno runs they were around 390 at the wheels, so figure 430-450 hp at the crank which is enough to be in the 11's at that weight. Considering it's AWD and has the torque + HP early in the revs, and has what can be explained as a nice toque curve, it should be solid in the 11's since traction won't be an issue. If the Haltech stuff wasn't so expensive and complex, along with the price of the Tribecca engine, I'd love to do this with mine.

Edited by Bushwick

I put a 1.8 prelude motor into an older civic 4sp that originally had the 1100cc motor (76? 79?).

Up to redline in 4th (maybe 80 at best) it was a 305-camaro killer.

With the stock 12 inch tires on it it would burn rubber if you floored it while rolling in 1st, would burn heavy into 2nd, chirp a little into 3rd.

Bigger engine into lighter car = magic.

Torque-steered myself right off the road with that SOB.

Yeah, those cars were pretty light. My mom and step dad both had Hondas from then. Unfortunately, they used thin steel and they rusted into nothing rather quickly. My mom's 79' had already rusted through the frame (or were they unibody?) by 83' and had a crack they didn't think was "fixable" so they traded it in. My step dad's was a 76' wagon bronze with tan interior. Haven't thought about those in decades.