Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 lego, clutch center or transmission input shaft failure?

So, this is something I haven't experienced before on any vehicle...

I was on my way driving to a final exam this morning, and had to get on it hard to merge with traffic. It shifted really hard into second since I didn't give it any time for the RPM to drop, and no surprise something didn't like it. Loud pop, and then lost all power. I was able to coast to safety. I can shift into any gear in the transmission without disengaging the clutch, while stopped with engine running, it doesn't seem like anything in the granny is spinning. There are no additional noise aside from the initial bang. What are your guys thoughts? Car has about 350k on it, rebuilt original ej22 with ej25 bottom end 85k ago.

Prior to this, I had to drive through about a foot and a half to two feet of water a few weeks ago, and its had a good amount of clutch shudder since...

Its going to be a few weeks till I can tear into it, its obvious it will be a major job. I can't wait to see what interesting stuff happened inside.