Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What is the best replacement HG?

Head bolts are reusable

And I know lots of people say to use OEM gaskets for the turbo motor.

As for felpro I have heard alot of naysayers, but I would be interested to see the felpros updatded desighn compared to the OEM gaskets.

I know that on the 2.2l the felpros are the exact same gaskets as oem, but the 2.2 wasn't plagued with head gasket failure like the 2.5 was either

• Like 1

+1 reuse headbolts

Subaru turbo gasket, Six Star...

Woah crack smoker - 500 sets of Fel Pro gaskets?!

Fel Pro's illicit weird comments IMO - some say they have the Fuji stamp on them, MLS....others have different comments...I've certainly seen pictures of good looking Fel Pro's and have used them for the Ej22's and other Subaru's but not EJ25's or EZ's.

• Like 1

I do one a week on average for the lay twelve years . I can confirm the six star logo on mls felpros

All I can say is wow.  If I knew that there was someone in Montana that had done 500+ HG replacements, I would have driven out there, dropped off the car to be fixed, and gone fishing with a rented car for a week!
  • Like 1

People have done it is amazingly beautiful out here. The point that I am trying to make is that I have used many of the Fel-Pro gaskets, I personally believe that a proper torque sequence and proper surface preparation are the key. I just wanted to inform the original poster that Fel-Pro gaskets can be used with success, I have not had a failure yet that I am aware of using the multi layer steel.

• Like 2