Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen. 2 mufflers, a fond memory? I can't find one.

Magnaflow SS muffler. Just a little deeper sound. Stainless Steel so you only buy it once. Have had mine installed 5 years are more now.

^^^^^^^^^^ This.

I bought one set up this way and have done two others since. Sounds good without being obnoxious.

Dan

• Like 1

Is the Magnaflow a lot louder than stock?  I have original mufflers / aftermarket ones right now, but when they rust out, I'll need something stainless to replace them, and match my fabricated stainless parts that I made from the stock muffler forward. 

In the cab you can barely hear it compared to hearing nothing from stock when accelerating. Cruising at a set speed I don't think I hear it at all. Listening to my wife go down our 175 yard driveway in first brought a smile to my face. Has a unique flat four sound without being loud or ricey sounding. I am 54 years old, I would have tossed it if it was too loud. I think I bought it from "Performance Peddler". Measured the stock muffler, length, width and picked the right offset. First I bought a Thrush Turbo muffler which is similar to the Magnaflow. It sounded okay but the inlet rusted out. So I matched that size muffler up to a Magnaflow.

^^^^^^^^^^ This.

I bought one set up this way and have done two others since. Sounds good without being obnoxious.

Dan

Yea that was really the way to go with these cars.  Not obnoxious at all and nice deep sound to let ya know....hey this is a flat four MAN!!!!

• Like 2