Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DIY Hitch Install Loyale

Scooner how are you finding the bumper mounted one? People suggested that I might not want to start there as its drilled into thin sheet metal. I was hoping to completely eliminate the back bumper anyways.

Dave T I probably wouldn't have a crazy amount of weight back there its most likely to be a couple skateboards most of the time but maybe more camping gear ect other times. I'd say 150 is likely the real max. Your hitch looks legit and I might give it a shot! Just have to analyze the rust levels in the back storage a bit more.

My rear bumper is non existent and I don't really see how the hitch in the link would mount to the bumper anyways :S

I am going to have to take a look at things next time I'm around the car will likely just bolt something into the bumper mounts judging from yours since it must be holding the weight OK. Don't actually need the hitch mount but I guess it could be convenient.