Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone had any experience with Red-Angel A/C Stop-leak?

http://store.gobluedevil.com/a-c-stop-leak-49496

My 2002 Forester has a minor leak somewhere in the A/C system, and I cannot locate it.

On a fresh charge, the A/C works OK. But the system pressure gradually diminishes, until after about 24-h, the pressure is so low that the A/C clutch will no longer engage.

The slow-leak started a year ago, after I took the engine out to replace the clutch; that required me to pull the A/C compressor out of the way over the side fender; and that caused the A/C hoses to bend sharply. But I've soaped all of the A/C components, and I cannot find the leak. And I've replaced the 2 banjo-bolt O-rings on the compressor itself.

I'm looking at the Red-Angel additive, because it is compatible with R12 refrigerant, to which I have already converted.

Any recommendations, or otherwise?

maybe charge with UV dye mixed refrigerant? be sure to check the schrader/charge valves.

+1 on using UV dye that you can self install from the small cans. Since you are loosing that much refrigerant, that is really a major leak. The dye works well to pin point a leak.

Don't recommend using any kind of additive to try to seal a leak. I did that once, only to plug up the condenser, so the system did not work at all.