Ultimate Subaru Message Board

front corner lights: broken mounts

I've bought some front corner lights from a local pick-a-part.

The main globes mounts where they screw into the back of the light have become brittle and so aren't secured anymore.

I tried getting replacements from NAPA but their listing was too big to fit in.

Anyone got any suggestions about how to fix this problem?

post-8410-0-15162900-1426999501_thumb.jpgpost-8410-0-70051900-1426999642_thumb.jpg

buy my last left one with non brittle backings, with both holes about same size, which is different from later years that had a larger globe hole for one light

I have a KOITO 21220334L has a Merc badge Y shape style fracture in th front clear lense, not fallen apart and has been tested by me personally over 110,000km. Does not have bulbs or sockets...think Jeszek got it as a spare :)

Edited by jono
  • Like 1

I got the lights off a 92, so sounds like I got the one with the bigger globe.

Any chance you know whether the Aus lights have the same sized globe holders for both parker & indicator?

I wish I'd had more time to look over the car & see the differences. The automatic seatbelts were "interested", especially with the retractor reels under the centre console. Always preferred the number plate in the bumper look, but don't like the US front bumpers.

well, as cast into the back, both bulbs are W10/5 12V5W so figure both could be wedges on my spare. note that the clear park light section hole has four lug chunks 90 degrees apart, the turn orange has three lug chunks 'missing'  to ensure no one fits turn wired bulb to park hole and vice versa

not sure if ill be much help but next time your at the junkyard, look for an older than 8/89, i have one manufactured in august of 1989 and one in december of 1989, and trust me the one that takes 2 looks so much more beautiful at night then the single big bulb one, infact i drilled a hole on the single corner parking light so it would light up like the other.

-Omar

Mine still takes 2 globes. a small wedge for the side yellow, and a bayonet for the white one.

The white one needs 3 cutouts. 2 opposite each other, and 1 at 90 degrees.

Jono, any chance you could post a pic of yours? I might be able to mod mine to fit something else. My last resort might be to glue in an LED light. These ones aren't legal in Aus because they wouldn't be visible from a driver in a car from the next lane (why ours have a large bump on them), so I'm going to have to keep the Aus ones for the yearly registration inspection anyway (doubtful they'd note the difference :P)