Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Headlight Bucket Replacement Loyale

I've searched all over and can't find anything about different headlights for a Loyale. I guess there is a wuad conversion but we don't have pick and pulls up here in Vancouver anymore so finding ones at a yard is not really a possibility.

My buckets are torched, rusted and peeling. My glass is cracked and chipped. My seals are pooched and theres water in them, causing the rust. They just need to be replaced and we don't have pick and pulls up here.

Has anyone figured out a decent way to put more modern healights in these things? I don't need HIDs but would like something that doesn't suck!

i mean, the only thing i could think of would be the old style on the DL's, the quad headlights, all you need is the bracket and the parking lights (and wireing to do). instead of having the big beam headlights rusting and shattering and holding water inside like if it was an aquarium. the sealed beams are 4 individual lights and if you shatter one you replace the thing as a whole and its brand new again.

now the disadvantage of it is that

one- im also still looking for the conversion so i guess their pretty hard to find.

two- their dimmer than the ones you have right now, just the way the old headlights were built.

but they look cool :P

but im sure theres some conversion thats possible with a little modification from someone on here. best of luck!

Edited by Subasaurus

Snaked! I might be interested depending when I could get time to come down. I was thinking next weekend might be a good one for me to roll down and help you clean up a bit, not sure if you still need someone.

Also if you're willing to ship take the money I'm pretty broke these days don't know if its wise to spend too much money right now!

The other option would be to find some of the plastic backed lights from another country. Never have this problem of rusting, leaking, ...

If Canada has the same side markers as the US, then those don't quite fit up (I'm trying to do this now after bringing some US spec side markers home from a recent trip), but nothing a small metal bracket wouldn't fix).

I'd help, but our lights dim the opposite way :P

The Plastic Housings / Glass Lenses' Headlamps with H4 Bulbs were also available in the LADM (Latin American Domestic Market), I've seen it in Honduras on certain 1990+ Loyales, and also the Local Subaru Dealer used to carry them brand New, as spare parts, I wanted to buy a set but it was extremely expensive... now the Subaru Dealer is Gone...

Let me show you an Example of those H4 Headlamps from the LADM:

Plastic%20Housing%20HeadLamps.jpg

The older Style, Metal Housing / Glass Lense, came with 9004 Bulbs. As far as I know, the Plastic ones never were available in the USDM, but the LADM ones are designed for the Left Hand Drive Cars, so they will spread the Correct light beam Pattern, for the USA Roads.

You can find them online, at e-Bay: ~► http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUBARU-LEONE-LEFT-HEADLAMP-L-SERIES-01-84-06-94-/181155684402

Kind Regards.

• Like 1