Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi,

I have a 2007 Tribeca SE7

I am in the UK.

The screen went blank, comes back squashed and sometimes not at all, also same with reverse camera.

Any suggestions on where I can have it fixed?

Is it something I can do?

I laready paid once to have it fixed and it broke down aagain after 2 years.

Any help appreciated.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/66-problems-maintenance/36746-2007-subaru-outback-navigation-goes-blank-black.html

I found the above link interesting in that it links to articles describing weak/cold solder joints or weak connectors to the boards. Funny thing is that the linked article speaks about the 05 radio/hvac units and I can attest that I have the same problem and now know where to look for a remedy should mine get worse or bothers me enough.

Whether or not the above links head you off in the right direction, it is always good to note that common things happen commonly ;-)

If you only feel comfortable disassembling and refreshing ribbon contacts, fine. If you want to get out a soldering iron... more power to you.

If someone says you need a whole new unit then have at the damn thing. You've got nothing to lose!

Did you get a description of the work performed in the prior repair?? Were the symptoms the same at that time? That might give you some direction as well.

Edited by brus brother