Ultimate Subaru Message Board

84 GL turbo check connectors

Is there a check connector IV on these models? all the troubleshooting charts say use check connector IV to test the injectors. it says its a blue 5 pin connector and on the passenger side of engine bay. but it does not exist in this car from what I have seen. is this for 85 and up turbop models only? and also im wanting to know wich seat is the f/p relay is under and possibly the ground for the fuel injectors and stuff if anyone knows thatd be helpful thanks.

Check connector IV is brown,not blue.

It is tucked under the reinforcement  for the RH strut tower.

FP relay is under the passenger seat.

Injectors ground thru the ECU.

Don`t remember for sure if the ECU uses the intake manifold ground for this purpose or the one under(above actually) the fuse box.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Also looking around for a known good ea81t ecu.

That's going to be a pain to find. I think john's subaru junkyard out in Gaston might have one though. About a year ago i called on a distributor for one and never got a call back for a price since they needed to check. They said they had a compete engine which usually means they have whole car. The yard number is 503-985-7110.