Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Windshield for Gen 2 Brat

Yes safelite had them 2 years ago when i had mine done. They also had the gaskets. The lock/trim is not available so they had to float the glass in sealant. This is not how these were meant to be installed so they gave me some greif and would not warrenty the install from leaks.

What other models swap windshields with the Gen2 Brat?

Anybody ha luck finding a new one?

Every second gen sedan, wagon, hatch, coupe, and brat. I've had 3 put in where they drive out to your house and put in a new windshield with trim insert for $150-200.

Edited by turbosubarubrat
  • Like 1

A windshield that old is tough to remove in one piece. The gasket will be bonded to it pretty good. Also the glass will most likely be etched by sand and grit so it sparkles so to speak when the sun hits it making it tough to see out of. I would opt for a new windshield myself. Replaced mine in 01 with new.

A windshield that old is tough to remove in one piece. The gasket will be bonded to it pretty good. Also the glass will most likely be etched by sand and grit so it sparkles so to speak when the sun hits it making it tough to see out of. I would opt for a new windshield myself. Replaced mine in 01 with new.

Good points, thanks.