Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA 82 Intake

Hi, I  recently have been making some changes to the intake of a carbureted model and was wondering if anyone has tried this. I made 1" adapter plates that attach to the head and intake, as well as  a thermostat housing so I can get the hot water away from the air chamber. What started this was changing  out the Hitachi carburetor. I'm not trying to gain HP or torque, I'm just sure it will increase full economy. At least that is what I'm going for. I'm wondering if it has been done and had these results. Thank you.   

i think ram engines makes them or used to there for the ea81 but should work just fine for a ea82 i made my own but i dident seperate the coolant though i did block off the coolant flow the throtle body i also added a spacer under my throtle body but i also have a 3" body lift so i have the room to play under the hood i think it adds a good amount of power and torque but i did alot of other mods when i my spacers so who knows ware the power came from