Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Head seat

opus

ouch you could try heating up the head in the oven and then keeping it hot with a torch while you atempt to reseat the valve seat you would also need to freeze the valve seat before trying you want the aluminum to be exspanded as much as possable and the seat as small as it can get so you dont enlarge the hole it should almost drop in with just a light tap on he seat you would need to work fast to keep the hot parts hot and the cold part cold the problem would be geting the seat true enuff for the valve to seat unless you have a valve grinding tool and realy like laping valves and after all that the chances of it staying in place arent all that great unless your in a pinch and realy need the car up and running i would get a new head or send it out and have some one who dose that kind of stuff fix it for you the one time i had i happen to me on my vw bus i replaced the head and had it machined to match the other one it was cheap back i the day good luck

lol no thank you i have enuff trouble with the women in my life to deal with anyone elses you asked if it could be done yes it can but results will very you could also use a barbaque or a fire place or fire pit or what ever it just needs to heat the head evenly but i dont think its worth the effert

seeing as how its a exauhst valve my guess would be running hard uphill full out under a slight lean running condition ether or or both would couse localized heat in the exaust hot enuff to drop a seat im also guessing thats a driver side head that gets slightly less coolant flow but im just guessing