Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another no start issue

I recently just replaced cap, rotor, wires, coil battery and negative battery cable on my '82 wagon. After sitting for a couple of years it started up on the second try and idled just fine. A week later after bleeding the brake lines I went to start it, had power for half a second and then nothing. No power to anything on the car. Fuses under dash all look good, and the fusable links look great. Anything I am failing to check? Maybe a bad ignition switch?

Voltage.

"looks good" is not good enough.

Check for voltage on both sides of the fusible links and fuses before condemning the switch.

If the lights are inoperative as well,check the wire from battery + to the fusible link box.

• Like 1

when checking the fuses, ohm them out, its a pain i know but this way you can surely know its not the fuses and move on to the next steps to diagnosing your problem.

i've had a blown fuse hide on me before, blown on the corner of the fuse where you can't see it until you open it up.