Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I bought a used 2011 Legacy with low mileage several months ago and last night for the first time I tried to use the high beams on a dark highway.  I pulled the lever forward (toward me) and the high beams came on and the indicator glowed on the instrument panel, but the lever didn't click or stay forward.  I had to hold it the whole time while I was driving.  I see no button or switch or anything else with instructions on how to keep the high beams on.  Does anyone on this forum know what I might be missing?  Even my old '99 Honda had a lever that clicked in place for the high beams.

If I push up or down it's the blinker, so that can't be it.  I turn the part on the end for normal lights and then have to pull the level forward for the high beam lights.  And it never clicks or stays, I have to hold it the whole time otherwise the lever just goes back to it's normal position and the high beams go off.  I even looked at my car manual and can't find anything about the high beams other than pulling the lever forward.