Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Give me a hint.

I don't know in USA, but here is not very expensive to use a good, Acrylic based paint that doesn't require a clear coat.

I've seen photos of nice-looking cars, painted with Rustoleum; but such paint has Synthetic base, and its shine fades fast; so I suggest you to use any Acrylic based paint that you could afford. 

Remember: you can't mix Acrylic with Synthetic nor Urethane based paints, or the finish will get Damaged.

Kind Regards.

He said good paint job, lol! Nipper your best hope would be a small independent shop or someone that does it on the weekends that works at a body shop. A good paint job will probably run you $1500.00 with the fender replacement and fixing the ding or more. That is the very low end. Basing this off prices I have seen my brother charge for basic painting and very minor repairs. There is a lot of prep time involved in a good paint job. He is one of the cheaper around eastern NC. New York I would think would be higher. Ask around a lot and maybe you can get a lead on someone reasonable and good. For example he painted a Ranger pickup for me 4-5 years ago. Price was mid $1300 with spray in bed liner, paint was free. He just mixed three different shades of white that he had leftover from other jobs and he also had bed liner leftover from several jobs. Came out a snow white with the last coat mixed with clear. Sun hits it you will nearly go blind! About 8 years ago he painted my Brat a second time. About $1100.00  but there was more body work involved. Two coats of urethane black with clear mixed into final coat. He charged me a very minimum labor on both of those jobs. Family discount, lol! Good luck!!!