Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 98 Outback Legacy that a cute German Shepherd pup ate the seatbelts of... I need to replace both front and the drivers rear. Anyone know what seatbelts from what vehicles are compatible? Or where I can find out?

I have a salvage yard near by but they font have the same car and don't know what other ones to look at.

HI, if you get the belts AND the the same year '95-'99 buckles (attached to inside of seats)  they should work.

Does that help...any?

For reference, I have a '96, and installed '98 seats, and the '98 buckles did NOT work w/the '96 belts so had to swap over my '96 buckle too.

Also could be a long shot but many years had a 'lifetime' seatbelt warranty. Granted it might not cover an eager pup chewing them but then again who knows.

do you think this seat belt warranty would cover the little plastic piece missing that holds the buckle from falling all the way down? its annoying to me having to mess with the belt to find the buckle sometimes it gets slammed in the door.

do you think this seat belt warranty would cover the little plastic piece missing that holds the buckle from falling all the way down? its annoying to me having to mess with the belt to find the buckle sometimes it gets slammed in the door.

No I don't think it would cover that, the warranty wording differed from year to year but i.e. 2015 it basically says if the seat belts are functional then any cosmetic issues are not covered. (Also not all years had the lifetime seatbelt warranty). Edited by porcupine73