Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1988 Justy Vacuum regulator valve

Hi

Fixing a Justy for my sons girlfriend.

Noticed the Vacuum Regulator valve is broken.

Guessing that is causing a vacuum leak and crappy idle etc.

I can only find one that looks like it called a Standard RV13 but it says thats for an 89 not an 88.

Anyone know if they are the same and where to find one reasonably priced?

Thanks

Phil.

post-62194-0-01535400-1457397242_thumb.jpg

Hi

Fixing a Justy for my sons girlfriend.

Noticed the Vacuum Regulator valve is broken.

Guessing that is causing a vacuum leak and crappy idle etc.

I can only find one that looks like it called a Standard RV13 but it says thats for an 89 not an 88.

Anyone know if they are the same and where to find one reasonably priced?

Thanks

Phil.

Without finding a Justy service manual and finding that part what exactly does it go to and do?

Looks like the idle-up solenoid.  A vacuum solenoid from several different makes will also work.  It's just a simple electronic vacuum switch on/off-open/closed or versa vice.  '89 Justy's were also carbed, so the part you were looking at may work just fine.  I may have one in my Justy parts if you don't find something to your liking, but I will have to verify.

Looks like the idle-up solenoid.  A vacuum solenoid from several different makes will also work.  It's just a simple electronic vacuum switch on/off-open/closed or versa vice.  '89 Justy's were also carbed, so the part you were looking at may work just fine.  I may have one in my Justy parts if you don't find something to your liking, but I will have to verify.

That's what I was trying to figure out.  If this solenoid could be had off something else for a fraction of the price.