Ultimate Subaru Message Board

impreza wont start. changed steering fluid.

Hey. having some problems with my impreza gt 97. EJ20G. Tested the car yester day after i changed the clutch.

To day i were just changing the steering fluid. After that the car wont start.

The car have been hard to start some times before. but have always started.

Now it wont start. i can hear the fuel pump running. Installed new spark plugs, New coil and plug wires. The compression is good. When i pull out the spark plugs they are wet from gasoline. When i pull of the plug wires, sparks shoot out. 

When i connect a Ignision lamp??? not sure what its named on english. Its the thing that show your spark plug timing/ flashing light on the crank.  It does not flash. If i keep cranking the engine about 15 sec. the engine almost starts, and the ignision lamp flashes a few times. So i guess the problem have something to do with that.

I have read troublecodes. Getting Code 24 and 32.  Been told that if the taco meter move when i crank the engine, the crank sensor is in working order.

Were do i go from here???  Please help :)

If the plugs are wet with gas, could it just be flooded? About 1 time every 8 years I've had one of my cars goof up and flood. Hold gas pedal on the floor while cranking. For kind of a while. And it clears. I don't know for sure with the newer models.

• Like 1

I will try that tomorrow. But I'm pretty sure it won't help. Because when I crank the engine it doesn't have spark. At least that's what the ignition lamp is telling me. But then again if I pull one spark lead of, the Sparks shoot out of the coil.

But thanks for the tip. Really need help on this one????