Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2006 Subaru Tribeca lost acceleration

I own a 2006 TriBeCa, 125,000 miles. Last week on a long distance trip, with 1/4 tank of fuel remaining while traveling 70-75 mph, the vehicle started to buck and surge and lost almost complete acceleration. We had been driving for over 7 hours with no issues. The car has been well maintained and I had to have the vehicle transported 3 hours to my final destination. The check engine light did not come on and no codes were found. I took it to a reliable mechanic. He has had the car 4 days and can not find the problem. I would appreciate any help. Thank you

Got a call from my persistent mechanic. He took the car on the highway today and took speed to 65 mph. After a period of time had similar symptoms. He discovered that the brake calipers on the front left drivers side were seizing up. They started to smoke. At the time of my initial problem, my passenger had gotten up of the vehicle because I wasn't pulled way off to the side of the road. He asked if I noticed any smoking near the wheel. I hadn't noticed it, but in recalling the initial event, my friend said she thought she had smelled burned rubber, but it discipated.

Is it possible that they were partially hung up and it became an issue of heat building up over an extended period of time?