Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If it helps at all to know: I put 98 forester front seats in my 98 impreza and the seats were about the same but the rails on the forester seats were higher. I swapped those without much trouble for the impreza rails and it was great. You might need to swap rails from your old ones to the new ones to make it fit appropriately. Good luck with it.

Yeah, if seat rails sit too high or yours are electric, you might want to try swapping the actual seats over while retaining your factory tracks.

My 95' Legacy had bare minimum manual tracks (forward/backwards only) which actually sat very low to the ground, and I was able to swap in a seat track with height adjustment (that goofy telescoping bar lever on the side that you pull/lower) when I retrofitted a heater element in. Was even able to reapply the seat back cover to the 98-99' leather back assembly which had a cam lobe style bar connected to a small lever that pushes the center out a bit when turned, to give more upper back support vs. sinking into the seat. Just had to poke a small hole in the cover once it was slipped back over to accommodate the lever.

If you have a little time, most of these seats have enough in common that you can pick and choose what features you want. I even added fresh padding for lumbar, seat bottom, and lat support.

Edited by Bushwick