Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so i have new tires i have installed the engine transmission driveshaft and rear diff from my old car witch did not make the vibration before the swap. can the cv axles cause a vibration as slower speeds that feels like a transmission chatter or light misfire? i know the transmission was solid and not slipping at all before the swap same with the engine it was not misfiring before the swap. its also not throwing any codes of any kind. if i do put the old cars axles in would it be smart to put them in opposite sides from what they were originally? its a 1998 outback limited with a 95 legacy l engine trans diff and driveshaft. the original transmission driveshaft and rear diff also made this same vibration around the same speed witch also leads me to believe its not transmission drive shaft or rear diff related.

Edited by sirtokesalot

Exhaust hitting at certain engine torque positions?

Bad trans mount?

Bad or misadjusted top-center trans mount? (the little dogbone)

exhaust hitting might be possible it was at first and i bent the heat shield up to stop a rattle pretty sure its not touching but i suppose getting the exhaust down and pounding it up farther would not hurt. trans mount and cross member are from the other car witch did not do this before. i did not know that dog bone mount on top is supposed to be adjusted it seemed like it could only go on one way and i just bolted it on at the end of the engine swap in the position it rested in could this be my issue?

today i noticed a slight thunk when it is in reverse i stuck my head under the car with the door open and held my foot on the brake and tapped the gas i could see the rear diff housing jump up and then set back down closer inspection says the rear diff bushings are bad can this cause my vibration?