Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i noticed today my passenger headlight is alot dimmer than the drivers side i also noticed that my fog lights and low beams seem to be shutting off when i change to high beams even thogh i had changed it so they will stay on when high beams are selected. what should i be looking at for problems i havent looked into it yet as i just noticed it tonite on my ride home and its dark out so i dont want to mess with it tonite but i figure i could ask what to check in the morning

well the wiring i had done looks just as good as the day i had done it no melty happening. its blowing one of the headlight fuses when the high beams are selected witch is causing the light to go dim. it dident click in my head until i started typing this that i had put a screw through the plastic panel under the engine bay to keep it from falling down and dragging on the road. turns out the screw i put in drove its way right through the wiring harness that runs along the lower radiator support. yay looks like i have to get under there again and pull the loom off and see what damage i caused. i dident know i screwed into the harness until now as i had gone out and checked.

Edited by sirtokesalot