Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 Loyale Wagon 4x4 water inside door...

So I have this issue with water pooling up inside driverside passenger REAR door..

The passenger rear seems to be okee dokey kinda sorta..

About 6 - 8 yrs ago I added a ton of speakers rear doors even a couple 6x9's in the hatch!! Lol!

A couple years back, I had unreasonable set of kkcht bzzt tic bashzbashzzt kkzzt ...

..so anyway I went to investigate speakers, ground connection, connections in general, when I took off rhe door panel and pulled the speaker out I was amazed the Magnet was hanging on by 2 internal wires WOW! NARLEY!! I check the weather gasket around the bottom of the door looks good no rips still intact that would not be the issue anyways and the weep holes are clean and open to let the water drain out..

So once again I'm looking around the window and door..

Initially when I put the system in, it was summertime i did notice water stains on the Lower portion of the door panel and it was pretty warped/deformed.. didn't think much about it ... This time there is water that some how ran down the wires to the connection at the speaker..

I'm looking again probable the U-jamb front and rear the window it's self seals and the gasket at the top does its job pushing the window out to seal the lower against the felt on the door..unless just maybe when cruising the highway water is coming up through the weep holes....

Anybody deal with this issue and fix it?

Thanks

LenDawg

Edited by Len Dawg

You have to think too that it isn't going to fight against gravity. You would have to be driving through water all the time and 4 wheelie through water all the time for that to happen. More likely it is coming from above. I had water in the way back of my Rx under the carpet where the jack is and crap and would pool water until it rotted it out. I couldn't figure out where the water was coming from until I decided to try to take out the tail lights and I found the problem. It was running down the hatch gutter to the tail lights and running into the inside of the car.

Made a huge mess out of the car. But if I hadn't of found it, I wouldn't have made the awesome rear tail section that I sport now.  :)

Check out "What have you done to your Subie Lately", close to the end.

I am going to go with "What is water from above for $200 Alex". 

• Like 1

I will totally agree..

I am going to go with "What is water from above for $200 Alex".

Don't get me wrong though!! I do reside in the Pacific Northwest "Rain Forest" water on the freeway and lots of it at times!! and I drive as much as possible out of the grooves..

I think it's the U Jamb that the edge of the window rolls up into to seal the opening.. suppose I will get the wires tied back away from the window tracks with a bend before it reaches the speaker so the water will drip before hand.. lol!

Just wondering if this was an issue that somebody fixed I searched the threads but no luck.. i searched the internet no luck next stop is youtube...just the normal where's all the oil driping from??? ha ha ha! nOBoDY has water in the doors? Lol!

I also tried looking for replacement jambs.. yeah right?! I had way better luck finding them for my 1970 Pontiac Tempest!!

There should drain holes in the bottom of the doors. Check to make sure they're not plugged. If the door doesn't have any, check the outside window felt, channel gasket and pass through boot for gaps or not being seated right. If nothing is obvious, pull the inner door panel, get in, close the door and have someone spray water around the door while you look for leaks. I don't recall ever seeing a door with no drain holes, or one that was completely sealed on older cars.