Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Value of a New Ea81 Engine

Rare as hens teeth now. Couldn't assign a dollar value. Would be like the show condition brats on ebay. Find the right buyer and it's worth stupid $$$. Especially if it's verified with receipts/documentation/warranty or anything like that.

Some of the new parts in there simply do not exist anymore so folks have to either cobble used stuff together or move on to EJ most of the time.

I was just wondering because I have a fresh ea81 that I rebuilt, has 6,000 miles on her now but I am planning to put an ej into the car. So I was curious of what the ea81 complete would be worth so when I go to sell her, of course to you guys first, I know what to ask for. 

I just wanted a ballpark. I take really good care of my rigs and wanted an honest ballpark so when I do go to sell it if someone wants to snag it great. But if a new motor with 10,000 miles isn't fairly new to you, that is fine too. I know someone will want it. 

Thanks for the ballpark price. I didn't know it was so hard to get parts. Just gives me the excuse to do the ej swap of her.  :D