Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help In Spokane

Hi, well the time has come to replace my clutch. I need help though, I have an 88 4wd 5sp wagon.

I could someone to come by and help me, not do the work but show me and help. I don't have lots of money to offer. But, I can offer some, and I cook a really good chuck roast on the BBQ, charchol and wood, and soft drinks.

I can be free this Saturday, but I won't be next, I have to go up to Camp Cowles to pick up some of my Scouts. I am free both Sundays, but this one is Fathers Day.

If you want to email me I can give you more details and a phone number.

Thanks,

Michael Carey, KD7GHZ

Hey Michael, you're in luck, I've got a lot of spare time on my hands lately :D

Do you have a new clutch kit yet? Does it have a clutch alignment tool with it?

I'd recommend that you get two new throwout bearing clips from the dealership, as well as a new oil filter, and a new rear main seal from Napa. Do you need to have the car done in one day? You'll want to get the flywheel resurfaced, and Watt's Wheel downtown does it for $25, but it'll take a chunk of an hour or two out of the day. And they're not open Sunday. Give me a call whenever you'd like.

Andy 263-3853

• 1 year later...

let me know when your gonna do it, I have exp. installing a clutch. pretty easy, got all the tools? i can bring some if need, air tools make it fast. I wouldnt expect anything, just want to help some subie lovers out, make friends, and gain experience with these cars! I have a clutch alignment tool, might be different from ea81 to ea82... not sure. try carquest for parts, they have been good to me and my subarus! Im busy the 12, 13 of nov. but open...