Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Those with mechanical boost gauges

Is it just boost or boost and vacume? If it's just boost, then pretty much anywhere, like your waste gate line. But if it's a Vac/boost guage, then your going to want it hooked to the manifold UNDER the throttle plate. A good place is one of the ports on the intake runners themselves. Sorry, don't have any pics of mine, but sure someone else does. Lotsa luck.

I hooked mine into the vaccum port for the automatic transmission. It is on the rear of the intake manafold I believe smack dab in the center, if you have a manual tranmission then there will be a plug, take the plug out go to napa or something and match the threads to get the adapter that you need. if it is an auto then you should be able to t into it. Not tataly sure about that way, the auto trans might effect your reading, anybody know for sure?

Hey, that's a great deal on that gauge. Most gauges I've looked at, even on ebay, are at least $30.

As far as installing it, I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'm looking at doing this myself in the future, but haven't looked into it yet.

well i just re routed a few stock lines together, then hooked up the hose directally to the intake, ran it through the gromet on the top of the drivers side of the engine bay, then up the side of the interior to the gauge which is mounted on the A-pillar, works fine and the car runs great still.

all i did was get some 5/32 rubber vacume hose form schmucks, 6ft of it, then hooked it to the intake then got a 1/8inch coupling that screws onto the nipple on the back of the gauge, then shoved the hose in, its a very snug fit and it doesn't leak.